Shane R. Monroe
11414 N. 57th Ave Glendale, AZ 85304
Home Phone (623) 487-3903 Cellular Phone: (602) 481-5568
Client/Server Programmer/Web Applications Developer or Senior-Level Internet Content Creator/Supervisor
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Nine years of professional PC technical support/repair/troubleshooting.
- Five years Network Administration (IIS4/5, Apache, Netscape Mail, Merak Mail, Real Player Server, NT4/Windows 2000, and many others).
- Over twenty years computer-related experience.
- FIfteen years telecommunications experience.
- Three years experience with PHP/mySQL web application development.
- Four years experience with ASP/SQL web application development.
3/2004 - Present: Maricopa County, Clerk of the Superior Court Phoenix, AZ
- Created several client/server applications using ASP/T-SQL
- Trained junior level personnel on software and programming
- Managed junior level programmers across full lifecycle projects
- Performed high/detailed level designs for applications
I am employed full time by this company.
4/2002 - 10/2003: Aether Systems Tempe, AZ
Network Operations Technician
- Monitored dozens of Windows NT4, 2000, and Sun Microsystems servers.
- Performed troubleshooting on servers, routers, and other related equipment.
- Performed routine server repair and installations.
- Utilized Clarify for trouble ticket escalation and VNC, SSH, and other remote control software.
I was a part time employee of this company.
11/2001 - 3/2004: Brazen Technologies, Inc. Chandler, AZ
Web Site/Applications Programmer
- Created numerous commercial corporate websites using ASP, PHP, mySQL, and SQL2000.
- Full term lifecycle projects including all design, layout, graphics, interface and usability.
1/2002 - 1/2003: Intel Chandler, AZ
Web Site/Applications Programmer (Contractor)
- Completely restructured Operations Excellence website converting from jumbled, archaic includes to clean, templated Dreamweaver code.
- Developed, coded, and implemented several large-capacity web applications using DHTML, ASP, SQL, and other popular technologies.
- Consulted other departments on web site efficiency and improvements.
Successfully completed two full contracts for Intel, including a full year contract.
7/2001 - 8/2001: Thomson Financial Scottsdale, AZ
Web Applications Programmer (Contract)
- Created dynamic website content using XML/XSL, COM, and Oracle. Graphic design and layout for website.
This was a short term contract job. I worked about three weeks total for Thomson.
9/1999 - 7/2001: InfoImage Phoenix, AZ
Web Applications Developer/Programmer
- Wrote search application for the freedom 2 corporate portal in conjunction with Microsoft using ASP/ADO/SQL/Site Server technologies.
- Wrote numerous in-house applications/Portal Objects for use with freedom 2 using multiple data-sources and technologies.
- Acted as Corporate Webmaster for InfoImage as well as one of the lead User Interface developers for the company.
- Part of the Vertical Solutions Group responsible for leveraging product to corporate partners including disparate data-sources.
- Administered and maintained development servers; IIS4/5, SQL6.5/7/2000, Site Server, and others.
11/1995 - 9/1999: ComputerLand Network & Telephone Wenatchee, WA
PC Technical/In-House IS/HelpDesk/Webmaster
- Help Desk/IS Serviced staff of 30+ employees (Win95/98/NT4)
- Customer/In-House tech support: PC/Win95/Internet/software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Paint Shop Pro, Novell, Groupwise, PMMail, Netscape, and many other packages)
- PC repair and upgrade/System Engineer /Network Troubleshooting
- Taught Graphics Essentials at a local computer training center.
- Created, programmed, facilitated, and maintained over a dozen professional web sites.
- Responsible for writing technical manuals for the non-technical staff members and customers of the business.
9/1988 - 11/1995: U.S. Navy Charleston, SC
Petty Officer 2nd Class/E-5/MM2/PC Repair Shop Supervisor
- Supervised PC Repair Shop
- Maintained and supported over 500 computers onboard ship
- Maintained fiber optic network - including hardware construction and installation of connections.
- Trained and Help Desk support of over 1000 crew members
- Facilitated and delivered Internet seminars
- Qualified as a Quality Assurance Inspector
- Facilitated numerous web sites assisting non-technical individuals with highly technical PC-related software and hardware issues.
- Created and ran shareware programming group of six coders from 1992-1995 (and recently restarted coding games) - producing nearly a dozen titles. Provided telephone technical support for products as well as general computer support.
- Beta tester for PC software vendors such as Mijenix and others.
- Professional Internet User/Administrator - FTP, IRC, WWW, Telnet, domain name handling/registration, etc.
- Run a monthly on-line radio show of entertainment/informational nature - also do live shows with call-in support.
- Constructed and maintained some of the most popular technical support sites on the internet for novice support of emulation and game programming.
1987 - 1988: Wenatchee Valley College Wenatchee, WA
- Major courses include Speech, Drama, and English.
- Maintain numerous web pages outside of work.
- Occasional Tang Soo Do Martial Arts training.
- Classic video arcade/console game collector.
- Video game programmer/designer.
Available Upon Request